Dark, delicious, decadent—diet friendly? This chocolate mousse recipe cuts out unhealthy fats and excess sugar without compromising texture or flavor. With just three dairy-free ingredients, you can have a satisfying dark chocolate mousse dessert in less than 15 minutes and without undoing your day. So when cookies and candy call your name, just reach into the fridge and escape to a guilt-free chocolate-peppermint wonderland.
- Ice and water (for ice bath)
- 8 ounces filtered water
- 10 ounces bittersweet 70 percent chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Yacon Syrup (optional)
- 3–4 drops Peppermint Vitality™ essential oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring filtered water to a boil. Turn off heat and add Yacon Syrup and chocolate.
- Whisk until completely melted and smooth.
- Add Peppermint Vitality and whisk again.
- Pour melted chocolate into the mixing bowl in the ice bath and whisk vigorously until mixture becomes thick and ribbon-like.
- Spoon mousse into petite serving cups or ramekins and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Garnish with a light dusting of powdered sugar and sprig of fresh mint.
Recipe courtesy of Sylvie Shirazi from Gourmande in the Kitchen.
For more essential oil recipes, visit the Recipes tab.
What desserts do you look forward to at the start of the new year? Share with us in the comments below!